The Information Why Does My Dog Collects
- User-provided Information: You may provide to Why Does My Dog what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name and email address), if you submit a contact form through the Why Does My Dog web site or send us an email via our Twitter campaign.
- "Cookies" Information: When you access Why Does My Dog, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer. Why Does My Dog may use these cookies to monitor your site activity while engaging with our platform. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you access Why Does My Dog or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), a unique device or user ID, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on Why Does My Dog, and the dates and times that you visit Why Does My Dog.
The Way Why Does My Dog Uses Information
- Why Does My Dog uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on our website, as well as to track Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- We will use your email address, without further consent, for ongoing communications such as notifying you of updates to our website, the introduction of new content to our website, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from Why Does My Dog.
- Why Does My Dog uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way our website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
When Why Does My Dog Discloses Information
- Why Does My Dog does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to create on our website - such as when you use our #DogsofWDMD Photo Generator - may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- We may disclose User information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to: provide web site hosting, maintenance, and security services; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and assist Why Does My Dog in improving our website and creating new services or features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize only a limited use of such information, and we require these parties to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Why Does My Dog may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
- Why Does My Dog also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary: to take precautions against liability; to protect Why Does My Dog from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Why Does My Dog, our Users, or others.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by a "last modified" date above. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received that personal information. Your continued use of our website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing revisions with respect to such information.
Why Does My Dog Contact Information
Please contact Why Does My Dog with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, and our third-party disclosure practices or your consent choices by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your inquiry as promptly as possible during working hours (9AM-5PM PST).