WDMD is not a licensed veterinarian.
This is not meant as a substitute for veterinary care.
Always seek help from your vet after an emergency.
Be prepared to handle any emergency by becoming certified in Pet First Aid and CPR. This course is self paced, online, simple and can potentially save a dog’s life. This is an affiliate link, to learn about our disclaimers, please visit here.
1. DO NOT remove the object
2. Restrain dog as appropriate
3. Build pads up around the object to support the object.
4. You want to do whatever you are able to prevent the object from moving.
5. Go to the vet right away.
6. Have another person hold support the object and restrain the dog.
You can cut it down to about 2-4 inches and then apply a thick padding of bandages or clean cloth around it. Make sure that there is as little pressure as possible on the object.
Take your dog to the vet immediately