WDMD is not a licensed veterinarian.
This is not meant as a substitute for veterinary care.
Always seek help from your vet after an emergency.
Be prepared to handle any emergency by becoming certified in Pet First Aid and CPR. This course is self paced, online, simple and can potentially save a dog’s life. This is an affiliate link, to learn about our disclaimers, please visit here.
1. Uncontrollable Shaking
3. Strange face movement
4. Inability to Stand
5. Loss of bowel or urinary control
1. DO NOT try to restrain your dog.
2. It can be hard, but stay calm and don’t panic
3. Move objects away from your dog to prevent injuries.
4. Call your vet and transport your dog there once seizure has stopped.
5. Time the seizure. Your vet will want to know.