How to prevent bloat in dogs?
1. There is an increased risk of bloat in large dogs with deep chests.
2. Avoid feeding your dog immediately after exercise or play time.
3. Extreme stress or anxiety can cause bloat in some cases.
4. Some believe that raising your dog’s water and food can help minimize.
5. Talk to your vet about preventative measures.
What causes bloating?
The true cause of bloat is unknown. Extreme stress (while boarding, flying etc) and feeding dogs immediately before exercising may increase your dog’s chances of bloat. It is a lot more likely to occur in dogs with high levels of anxiety. Dogs with deep, narrow chest seem more prone to bloat and GDV.
The 12 breeds most likely to develop the condition include:
How to treat bloating and Gastric Dilatation?
The video above talks about preventive measures that can be taken to help your dog with this problem. Ask your vet about other prevention options for your dog. A prophylactic gastropexy (minimally invasive surgery) to prevent GDV can be performed.